Hi, I’m currently refurbing the entire ground floor, converting integral garage to Kitchen and moving the lower flight of stairs.  I’d like to install ufh with ceramic tiled floor throughout but only have 65mm from the block and beam surface to current floor level.

I’ve seen some tile direct eps boards which look like they will work, but the insulation value is not great so I’m looking into possibilities for insulating the void below the block and beam. 
Any thoughts on pearlite beads versus blown loose eps versus polyurethane foam injection would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by callamart

Is UFH a good match for your lifestyle? It's slow response means it's better suited to houses where one person is home most days. If you are both working then Rads and a faster response time are a better choice in my opinion. 

If the insulation is below the B&B floor it will have quite a slow response time.

Thanks. Plan is to use 25mm eps grooved overlay boards with 16mm pipe above block and beam floor with ceramic tiles directly on top so it should be responsive.  Considering additional insulation below the block and beam to reduce loss through the suspended floor void.