Relationship between factors

Pocster

If you are running all your loops open (single zone) and don't have opening closing loops all the time (lots of zones), they offer zero advantage, other than making you wallet lighter.  I had them, then removed and use open circuits on a single zone, with loops set up via the flow meter that comes with the UFH manifold.

8 minutes ago, JohnMo said:

If you are running all your loops open (single zone) and don't have opening closing loops all the time (lots of zones), they offer zero advantage, other than making you wallet lighter.  I had them, then removed and use open circuits on a single zone, with loops set up via the flow meter that comes with the UFH manifold.

Wouldn't they be useful if used in conjunction with weather comp? My UFH mixes down to 40c (old house, poor insulation) but with weather comp I'm expecting that to range between 30c and 40c depending on the outside conditions, at least until I finish the IWI. That being the case, the desired delta-t could fluctuate between 7 and 11c. 

I have a mixer / pump, they are pretty crap with WC, due to the mixing, they generally just mess the flow temps up.

Your delta T will change as the flow temp moves up or down, so think the moving delta is normal I think?

1 minute ago, JohnMo said:

I have a mixer / pump, they are pretty crap with WC, due to the mixing, they generally just mess the flow temps up.

Your delta T will change as the flow temp moves up or down, so think the moving delta is normal I think?

In an ideal world I'd get rid of the mixer and let the WC do its thing, however the WC has an override which sets the boiler flow temp to max whenever there's a call for heat from the hot water cylinder, so the mixer needs to stay in place as a safe guard, unfortunately.