Noise through copper pipe

jayc89

Recently had the boiler moved, as part of the move the UFH flow/return pipework was moved, clipped within a stud wall using some of these - https://www.toolstation.com/black-pipe-clip/p72829 - the wall backs onto the stair case in a quite large hallway/landing resulting in an even louder, reverberation. Previously the flow/return to was a pair of HEP pipes running under our block and beam floor (lagged) which is why they were replaced, whilst inefficient, they didn't make any noise. 

Are their any rubber-backed clips, or similar, I could use to dry deaden some of this sound?

Edited by jayc89

1 minute ago, JohnMo said:

There should really be little or no noise, when you go to your pump is it almost silent.  If you get any random noise at the pump you have air in the system with will need to be removed.

The boiler itself has an integrated pump, it's in now in an airing cupboard in our bathroom and is almost silent, you can't hear it at all with the cupboard door shut. The Pump connected to our UFH manifold is also near silent. The noise certainly seems to be coming from the pipework in-between. If I put my ear to the stud wall where the pipework's running, it's quite notably louder. I've checked the UFH pump to be sure and it's running at the lowest speed. 

It's not so much random/intermittent noise but a constant "hum" when the UFH is calling for heat. 

Pictures of the pipes dropping down from the airing cupboard and around to the UFH manifold. It's the latter part, where it runs along the stud wall that seems to be noisy.

For context - the pipework is purposefully stud off the external wall to allow insulation behind it. The room height is approx 3.5m so the plan is to install a suspended one at some point

IMG_6284.jpg

IMG_6285.jpg

IMG_6286.jpg

38 minutes ago, jayc89 said:

It's not so much random/intermittent noise but a constant "hum" when the UFH is calling for heat. 

It could be vibration from the UFH manifold pump back through the pipework. Also put a hand on it and see if you can feel the vibration. 

21 minutes ago, PeterW said:

It could be vibration from the UFH manifold pump back through the pipework. Also put a hand on it and see if you can feel the vibration. 

No vibration on the pump at all. Slight vibration on the 2 port valve. 

7 minutes ago, JohnMo said:

Another question does your UFH manifold have a mixer as well as a pump?

It does, attached pic. 

The noise gets worse as I increase the pump speed, but it doesn't appear to be noise coming from the pump itself... I'm wondering if we've just not noticed this before because previously the pipework was HEP and ran below the block/beam floor rather than through a room. Both switching to copper and routing internally has made this worse?

IMG_6290.jpg