Site Water Supply?

mike2016

Hi - just a quick question - until the new house is built & connected to the mains water, how do people get water for use on site by brick layers / renderers etc? IBRCs & fill, borrow a hose from a neighbour or other? Thanks! 

Get your connections to water, sewer, electric done asap, makes life easier through the build, and more importantly when you get to the end you're not up shit creek when the utility company tells you it's a 6month wait. And when you look back on it, the £1509 or so for tempory connections, kiosks etc will look like money very well spent.

You'll need potable water for your welfare facilities anyway. Portaloo and handgel aren't enough.

Edited by Conor
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Conor said:

Get your connections to water, sewer, electric done asap, makes life easier through the build, and more importantly when you get to the end you're not up shit creek when the utility company tells you it's a 6month wait.

I wish i knew this from the start , started the process of getting sewers connected back in June fingers crossed they will be on in 12 weeks, just need highways to approve the  5 day road closure . we will be moving in the day after they go live.     

• Like 1

Apply for your water connection as early as you can. Ours was seemingly straightforward but took ages to get in.  There are lots of hoops to jump through, ours required an inspection (of our temporary outdoor taps) which I held off doing initially until we were getting underway properly, but I probably should have just put a standpipe on the fence and got the ball rolling quicker.

We had a long time without water and relied on a hosepipe from neighbours.  I'm not sure what we would have done without that.  We used the hose to fill a few of those 200 litre blue barrels, which worked very well.  In fact we're still filling them now, just from our own supply.

Definitely recommend getting the sewer connection in early too with just an inspection chamber on the boundary.  Probably paid for itself in savings on portaloo hire by emptying our own small chemical loo into it, and now we have water we've rigged a full flushing toilet in a shed.  Luxury.

Edited by BadgerBadger
  • Like 1