Battery use during a grid power failure

Jimcub

On 06/01/2023 at 10:53, Nick Thomas said:

Most battery or hybrid inverters will come with an EPS output that lets you tap the batteries from a separate circuit. Easy enough to attach a consumer unit to it and move the lights, at least, onto it. I currently have a simple double socket in the loft that'll work in the event of a power cut - it cost £20 extra at install time.

More complex options per https://www.deegesolar.co.uk/eps_for_solar/

You definitely don't need tesla stuff to get it done.

I have all the connectors that came with battery and inverter, so could power house lighting circuit as we have all led bulbs.

it’s something I’ll do in future as it’s a new install, I want to see what I can generate for this year. My installer said a double socket is easy to do with my equipment, a full fuse board is more expensive as more equipment is needed to cope, also I’ll add another battery

On 05/01/2023 at 20:46, CalvinHobbes said:

When will other companies catch up?

I doubt they are in a rush.....

Constant remote-controlled grid charge / discharge beats the crap out of your battery. You get to replace it at your cost, they walk away the better in the end.

IIRC Tesla have the gateway, a costly item and a very slow changeover from grid down to UPS on. Much better hybrid stuff out there for a LOT less money.

Constant remote-controlled grid charge / discharge beats the crap out of your battery. You get to replace it at your cost, they walk away the better in the end.

IIRC Tesla have the gateway, a costly item and a very slow changeover from grid down to UPS on. Much better hybrid stuff out there for a LOT less money.

10 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

Probably finger stutter I get that some times, think it’s an age thing.