Ventilation in insulated outdoor office / shed

pstunt

I am looking for advice on how best to ventilate a temporary office built in a large shed.

The backstory is I needed somewhere to work close by to the site whilst my delayed build is ongoing, possibly another 6 months. It's located on a farm and I am fortunate enough to have an old Turkey shed, which I decided to frame out and insulate a section of the shed which I can then use as some sort of storage once the build is completed.

It's metal framed using 60mm PIR which have been foil taped, 12.5 plasterboard which has then been skimmed. A bit over the top for a temporary location perhaps.

I have not cut any ventilation holes yet, so I am looking for advice on the best way to approach it. I was thinking of simply cutting a 110mm hole somewhere on the door wall and simply using plastic pipe with vent covers over each end. Effective ventilation is obviously important but how to approach it when so much has been done to create an insulated and fairly well sealed room.

I have included some pictures of how it currently is and what it was before / during construction.

Office 1 rs.jpg

Office 2 rs.jpg

Screenshot 2022-12-20 104604.jpg

Office 3.jpg

3 hours ago, Onoff said:

I'd fit a single room MVHR unit. Fresh air and heat recovery. Around 75% efficient.

They over-ventilate in such a small single space.

https://www.preservationshop.co.uk/product/vent-axia-piv-lo-carbon-pozidry-compact-pro-with-heater-479188/?gclid=Cj0KCQiA14WdBhD8ARIsANao07iFhNCXUdn03SlialqG7Ml6wfv2Ngh9XKrFsq4b2ImAj5cqrhzg9n4aAtVrEALw_wcB

2 hours ago, Onoff said:

I'd fit a single room MVHR unit. Fresh air and heat recovery. Around 75% efficient.

Thanks, I will certainly look into them. My builder will laugh at me, as he thinks I am over the top (in a good, bantered way) with my persistence regarding insulation and airtightness.

Any recommendations as to what models. ?

The wall is only about 100mm thick so that may reduce the range suitable 

13 minutes ago, pstunt said:

Thanks, I will certainly look into them. My builder will laugh at me, as he thinks I am over the top (in a good, bantered way) with my persistence regarding insulation and airtightness.

Any recommendations as to what models. ?

The wall is only about 100mm thick so that may reduce the range suitable 

The one @Nickfromwales said above, I imagine you could ditch the oil filled rad then.

8 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

Just use a fan heater then, also, for instant heat when needed. No wait time, just got air there and then. 👍

Good idea. I have a 3kw greenhouse fan heater kicking around somewhere. A bit ugly but it will do.

• Like 1