Helping find Grand design episode - frozen UFH pipes?

Hi All,

I am worried about frozen UFH pipes in our build, and want to show our builder the grand designs episode where an elderly women's UFH pipes froze & she had to have the floor replaced.

i thought it was 'the Streets' but having flicked through the episodes, I havnt seen the house or scene I am thinking of.

Can anyone remember which episode it was!?

Many thanks in advance!!

6 hours ago, Andehh said:

I am worried about frozen UFH pipes in our build, and want to show our builder the grand designs episode where an elderly women's UFH pipes froze & she had to have the floor replaced.

Last winter, for the same reason, I pumped out all of ours - 12 loops - about 100m each...

I used a stand up paddle board pump with an adapter shoved down one end of each loop. Worked a treat, especially once you'd got the flow going. Getting it started on some of the longer ones was hard though.

We only got soaked a couple of times!!

Simon

40 minutes ago, Nick Laslett said:

You might already have what you need. 

Anyway, just popped on the All4 app. 

Grand Designs: The Streets series 1, episode 1, timestamp 34m:48s

This is also the episode with the Thermohouse EPS roof boards, which I have used. 

Thank you, that's the one!! I thought they gave it more air time, so obviously jumped over it as I went through my 5-10min chunks per episode. :)