radiator sizing and BTU's

gaz_moose

i have 2 bedrooms that are the same size and L shaped, in bedroom 1 i fitted a p+ radiator up the corner and in bedroom 2 i fitted a short but wide k1 radiator along the main wall. the BTU's are about the same but bedroom 1 never seems to heat up, whereas room 2 is perfect.( they both have the same walls/windows/insulation etc).

Bedroom 1 has a 500w X 600h radiator with a btu of 2310, if i fit a 500w X 750h with a BTU of 2651 would it make a real world difference?

I know the problem lies in me putting the radiator up the corner but i cant really change that now.  i don't want to have to alter the pipework which comes up through the floor.  my current pipe centres are just over 60mm from the wall so i cant stick a K2 on. i could probably use one of those cheap column rads but its a plasterboard partition wall and id worry about it falling off.

sorry about the essay, i just don't know what my best way to proceed is 😒

i dug out my original notes on the subject. id calculated that i needed 547 watts. the rad i fitted was 677 watts. in bedroom 2 the rad is 772 watts, So i can see why that helps it to be warmer. i figured it was all down to the better placement.

the 750 high rad is 777 watts which puts me in the same league as bedroom 2 but i think the radiator being wedged up one corner is the deal breaker.