Detailing for cill drainage with a 'flush' finish patio

SBMS

Unfortunately I am away at the moment so can't check for certain but I am pretty sure there's no overhang but equally I don't recall ever seeing the top face of any brick so my money is on it being flush, noting however that we've got rough-faced (tumbled I think they're called?) stone bricks so there isn't a mm-perfect straight edge to be flush against if you know what I mean. 

Edited by MJNewton
Phone typos
  • Thanks 1

• 11 months later...
On 06/12/2022 at 22:03, SBMS said:

Yep, am getting that now! Tbh, we're sorted inside. as that's just about internal floor levels. It's the external bit we've struggled with.  So if we put a slot drain in front of the track, I assume that the top of the slot needs to be lower than the top of the track profile, for the water to be able to leave? I'm not sure how the drain could be totally flush with the top of the track (my pink dotted line on diagram below), unless the drain took water from the side, rather than the top? (crude drawing below):

image.thumb.png.ba41d19b178981616bbe76ee5016e3fb.png

Interesting reading. I have exactly the same issue. Did you come to a conclusion?

On 05/12/2023 at 19:09, GaryChaplin said:

Interesting reading. I have exactly the same issue. Did you come to a conclusion?

Hi Gary

Yes we pretty much did the detailing as my diagram. We sacrificed 10-20mm or so so are not completely flush because we do get heavy rain and there’s no overhang so I went belt and braces.  We put the cill on and drains into a slot drain. Can barely tell it’s not flush and it’s pretty level and have had no issues. 

Reynears do a cover for the non cill threshold which is what I’m having on my Reynears Master Patio ( updated version of the CP130) see attached picture, the cover acts as an overhang to direct water away, the threshold also has drainage.

But rather than worry about drains I’m going for composite decking with a 9” void underneath and French drains so any water hitting the doors will run straight through the decking and soak away 

220513 New Build - Sliding Door V? (T-Hold).pdf

Edited by Chanmenie

Thanks for the reply. I'm hoping to use an ACO threhsold drain abutting the sill, then cut slots in the plastic section of the drain to insert the door sill into. Below would be an additional waterproofed drain into a french drain I have around the whole building. Though I suspect I'll change the plan when the doors arrive! Something like this:

Sliding Doors & Drainage.jpg