Who to approach about rainwater ingress.

JAG

Thank you for your replies. To answer to Saveasteading - yes the DPC is where you have marked the red line although that is where everybody supposes it is. The source of the dampness is six inches either side of this corner with signs of damp carpet for about six feet inside the house along the left side of the photograph. I cut the trench about a month ago thinking it might reveal some holes but all seems OK - and it never has even damp patches. If you look at the moss growth it is light green when fairly dry, then dark green when wet - and as you will see in the photograph it is dark green for a couple of feet after only for two hours of light rain. The downpipe seems firmly cemented in so a major job to move - I ran a hose down in for twenty minutes without overflowing so I guess that system is clear.

Your comments about shoddy trowel work is appreciated - the whole estate is similar and the building company went bust the day after handover leaving many problems which the residents were left to solve.

Jilly it is guesswork quite where the soakaway is - probably under the pathway so difficult to know for certain although indications given above seem to suggest it is working OK.

2 hours ago, JAG said:

yes the DPC is where you have marked the red line although that is where everybody supposes it is

You mean you can't see the edge of the DPC anywhere? In that case it has either been covered in mortar (bad) or is absent (very bad).

3 hours ago, Radian said:

In that case it has either been covered in mortar (bad) or is absent (very bad).

I would be chipping off the mortar to find if there is a dpc to be seen.

While at it take off the mortar back to the corner, and the extent of the internal damp, as it is very likely that dampness is climbing up past the dpc.

I don't think you answered if this is a new problem.

Which direction does this wall face?