Central Heating Controller Recommendation

Ferdinand

My Honeywell CM907 controller has finally died (LCD screen).

Can anyone recommend a good replacement option? I still have to decide whether I want a wired and fixed controller, or a wired base and WiFi controller. 

It is gas fired with ufh.

Thanks

Ferdinand

33 minutes ago, Radian said:

Aw, that's a shame. They were not too bad a bit of kit. How interested would you be in repairing it?

Having used it for a decade, I'll be very happy to have something different !

Very fiddly, and difficult to read anything.

That's one reason why I'm somewhat drawn to a WifFi linked controller.

I've installed the Honeywell T6R now a couple of times and really like it. Good for Opentherm too, if your boiler supports it. You can by it single channel for heating only or with heating and hot water. Honeywell technical support is excellent too, at the end of a phone line with a video link facility too if needed. App used to be quite clunky but I think they've recently updated it. It's Homekit compatible if you're in the Apple ecosystem. The only downside for some is that it needs to be plugged in and won't run on batteries.

https://www.resideo.com/gb/en/products/comfort/thermostats/programmable-thermostats/y6h920rw5031-smart-thermostat-wall-mount-kit-with-hot-water-uk-am-pm-y6h920rw5031/

Probably overkill, but if you want to go full on then the Honeywell Evohome is great and is openthern and heatpump compatible with the right receiver, but it takes a bit to navigate the settings and get it set up right - well, that's what I've found with a priority hot water set up, which it sensibly supports. Mine's on a simple 2 zone heating setup now with PDHW.

https://www.resideo.com/gb/en/products/comfort/thermostats/smart-thermostats/atp921r3100-en-nl-fr-thermostat-pack-atp921r3100/

• Like 1