Static Caravan on building plot

Asbestos

Hi,

Just wondering what everyone's experience is of placing a static caravan on a building plot ? Was it difficult to get permission from the council ?

I am debating starting a new build in the new year and would like to live on site for both convenience and security.

Thanks

Been there and done that twice.

It's normally a formality to get temporary PP for the caravan as almost a footnote to your planning application and the council will usually charge you band A council tax while you live in it.  A very cheap way of getting temporary accommodation.

Done the frozen water and frozen gas regulator bit in a static with the wife.

Not sure I would like to try it with a wife and 3 children for a 2-3 year period. 

It helps to  keep the build moving on when it's on your door step, as there are always bit's to get on with providing food and drink is on tap to keep the energy levels up, and the wife shares your passion for the build.

Edited by twice round the block

Planners normally grant temporary permission if applied for at the same time as the application for your house.

Technically I don't think you need PP for a caravan on site or on adjacent land if only site workers live in it. But obviously children can't be site workers. Applying for PP for a temporary van might also reduce agro with the planners.