Geo fence

For quickness fit a PIR light then when time allows build some micro-controller based thing in a custom box that isn’t quite watertight that works some of the time but also comes on once she opens the front door and doesn’t switch off for hours. Also it must only ever really work for you and generally never for her. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Kelvin said:

For quickness fit a PIR light then when time allows build some micro-controller based thing in a custom box that isn’t quite watertight that works some of the time but also comes on once she opens the front door and doesn’t switch off for hours. Also it must only ever really work for you and generally never for her. 

Swmbo narratives on HA....

" well it didn't work yesterday! "

" if you die how will I fix the music player ?"

" is that camera working?"

" I hope you know what you are doing "

" the rooms cold are you sure your heating system is working "

etc. etc. etc. etc.

Oh yes that all sounds familiar. Whenever we had family staying at the old house everyone would get in a pickle with the lights. My instructions were really clear. Do not touch the switches. Let the house do its thing automatically. If you need to control any of the lights use the buttons conveniently placed around the place marked showing what they control. Also no one could switch the TV and AV on. I programmed the remote with one button that said on the screen just press this. That was it. One button. Switched everything on and off. But no whenever I was away I’d be on Facetime trying to work out which new creative way they had figured out to (expletive deleted) it all up. 

I’m also getting the ‘what if you die’ strawman for the house we’ve yet to build. 😂 My general response is you might go first. 😂 But if I do peg it first there will be a graceful degradation of service until she’s sitting in the dark in one room with her head torch peeing in bottles. 

Edited by Kelvin
  • Haha 1