The Internet of Things (IoT) and Ne'er-do-wells. Guilty as charged M'Lud

ToughButterCup

... Once you add and idea to existing ways of doing things you add infinite new possibilities for this new combination of ideas. So while you add a device you also add opportunities for ne'er-do-wells as well as improving the general lot.

@MikeSharp01

I've always thought that Mike talks a lot of sense. And it would seem I now have proof positive. Courtesy of Geberit.

We have Toulouse, one upstairs, the other down : 2 Geberit Tuma Classics : Botticelli-spraying dervishes they are, bit of a shock first time, but you soon get used to it.  Brilliant for lower back injuries. Wish we'd bought the bum-drying version now. But you live and learn.

They need to to be descaled every so often. And of course, I forgot. The mechanism refused to work. Being Swiss, it dug its heels in and simply refused. Rang Tech assistance. Very nice man. Very nice Tecchie indeed.

Would I please download the App.

What? An app for an arse-spraying dervish?

Yep

Did so.

First job(by) : update the firmware (on the toilet itself 😶)  Click here. Job done.

Next job : initiate descaling. Job done

You might like to have a look through the rest of the app says the Tecchie Lad.

And what do I find on the app?  

You can use your phone as a the remote control for the spraying arm. Thats right, you finally have an excuse to take your phone into the loo with you. Just to prove it, here's a screenshot I took when I was ----

bog.thumb.jpg.dc5fa94ba3fae5f731b5e4209c397367.jpg

Yes, you can have cold water or warm water...... an idea starts to germinate, you make the spray really strong or soft ... tick tick tick

👹

It works by Bluetooth .... the signal is really strong.... With me yet? 

My mate comes round and blags a couple of beers. You're ahead of me now aren't ya?

Yes. I did.

But I'd made a mistake in my logic.

@MikeSharp01 is exactly right.  The IoT was - in this case - an opportunity for a  Ne'er-do-well.

He was standing up for a tinkle. Not sitting down. Duuhhhhhhhh.

The sprayer came out and sprayed  when it was told to. And the sprayer jet made him look like he'd peed his trousers.

Ne'er-do-well is too kind a term.  Forty Hail Marys and sit on the Naughty Step for a while.

• Haha 3