Ventilating a loft

Moonshine

I have a small loft area where the stepped roofs overlaps. The stepped wall between the roof is timber and i have applied a vcl and airtightness tape to the vcl inside of the insulation. The top doesnt need a vcl (i dont think) as the ply you can see is the roof deck and has a vcl directly above.

20221105_125101_compress23.thumb.jpg.4c4b9ab9427dbef481feb518aaebecfe.jpg

20221105_125111_compress17.thumb.jpg.7848c7e1cb8642721c8131a7f49f4ebc.jpg

This area is going to have walls ply lined and floor boarded with a loft hatch access.

Its going to be warm in the space as its inside the thermal envelope but is only going to get fresh air from an unsealed loft hatch.

My concern is the ventialtion of the space and if its needed, as i could see the air getting stale.

There is a possibility of an inline extractor fan from the bathroom (to the left of the photo) going in this space. There could be a possibility of connecting to this batroom duct via a small pipe (with one way) to draw out some air when that fan activates.

We have a small loft area in the top V of the vaulted roof that is inside the thermal envelope (warm roof) but separated from the room below by the floor and ceiling, and the only "ventilation" of that space is leakage around the loft hatch.  I never find the air stale or in any way damp when I go up there.

• Like 1