Rainwater drain infiltration pipe?

I would like to drain rainwater away from the house.

I would like to drain it into an infiltration pipe above the ground source heat pump pipes.

There will be two trenches, each 50 metres long, and each fed by a section of roof that's approx 60 square metres in plan view. (not much) There is perhaps a 6 metre drop in ground level over the 50 metre length. Soil is sand / clay. (drains pretty well once below the clay topsoil layer) Heat pump pipes will be from 1.5 to 2.5 metres down. Excavation 1 will be about metre wide.

What kind of pipe / size of pipe wold you use here?

Easy options are corrugated pipe with slots; corrugated pipe with slots and a membrane; corrugated pipe with slots and a layer of fibres. 6x price difference lowest to highest.

image.thumb.jpeg.2e415ad03635e5fc6f139eb8b475f7b3.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.040dde4fb353bc9fa23c467d178e86e8.jpeg

I would potentially like to divert greywater (shower / bath water) into this too if there is a period without rain and the soil around the ground loop were to dries out. Does that change the answer?

Thanks!

I think so, yes, such that the ground is damp around the pipes rather than dry. (limiting factor on what can be taken from them)

Possibly warm water greywater instead, such that the heat pinched from the ground for hot water is returned to the ground.

• Like 1