Flashing for solar roof-hook installation

Pablo68

I am going to fit solar panels to the pitched roof of a 1930’s mid-terraced house using solar roof hooks and rails manufactured by Renusol. The roof is covered with clay/plain tiles and has a pitch of 38 degrees. The original 4” x 2” rafters have been reinforced during a previous loft conversion with 47mm x 150mm C16 against each rafter.

I have looked at various methods of ensuring that the roof hook installation remains watertight whilst also minimising tile lift and the chances of insects finding their way in. I came to the conclusion that using lead flashing would be the best solution and am not daunted by the fact that I will have to cut some tiles to achieve this. This video from Renusol (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nttpFKd_eG0) talks about their ‘Interflashing’ product at 9:25; I am not able to source this product but thought that lead flashing cut to the same size would provide a workable solution.

All of the roof hooks would be located underneath solar panels, thus reducing the chances of the flashing being picked up by the wind.

My question is whether I could use code 3 flashing, which is probably easier to work with, or whether I would have to use code 4?

The screenshots below show the Intershashing system.

Many thanks in advance.

Screenshot 2022-10-21 at 12.53.16.png

Screenshot 2022-10-21 at 12.29.48.png

Maybe check out lead alternative like wakaflex, easier to shape and it sticks down. Maybe lead reacts with stainless steel ? Saying that the roof bars are aliminium and that is not supposed to go together with ss. Some cleaver person will explain im sure. 

Thanks very much for your replies guys.

Wakaflex looks ideal and I've decided to use it.

Regrading corrosion, the Renusol information sheet only states that corrosion is an issue if the installation is with 10 miles of the coast.