saniflex for the ensuite

Hi all,

My builder is suggesting a saniflex for the upstairs ensuite. I have been told that it is difficult to run a sanitation pipe as big as it is required for the usual flush hence the saniflex option. I am wondering if there are any downsides to it like regular maintenance required, higher noise level, possible future issues.

Any insight would be highly appreciated.

HUGE noise I would say, and the unreliability as in YOU don't want to be the person repairing or replacing it WHEN it goes wrong.

Post some plans of the proposed extension and existing drains and we might be able to suggest something.

We have a saniflo that’s been good for over 20 years. Can be little noisy but only when you flush obviously. Ours is in a basement and all water needs to be pumped up to ground, can’t have it any other way because we’re listed. It does like being used, the rubbers dry out so motor can run on a bit when not used often, but sorts itself out eventually, also never use bleach.  We also have to put soap in bath to remove bubbles as it hates them they really makes it mad and it goes on and on…