UFH Manifold

crispy_wafer

Was too excited to get filling and pressuring that I missed one or two nuts when tightening up the manifold and pump.

🤣 Was like a scene out of one the old submarine movies spraying water everywhere whilst reaching for the off tap with one hand and the grips with the other.

chalk it down to experience...

• Haha 1

Join the club! Hooked up the manifold for the garage loops last night at 11pm, fed via a daisy linked garden hose from a room inside the house with a dodgy connection. Cue running back and forth around the site (direct door blocked up), hopping over materials in the dark to turn the tap on, rush back to the garage to see if it's pissing everywhere from the fittings, back to the house to turn it off and so on.

By the end of it, the system was kind of filled, no real way of telling if there are any leaks as everything was dripping wet - pressure seemed stable enough at 5 bar that i gave up at 12:30 and went to bed, ready for 7am start on the site for the guys to pour the garage slab. It was around ish 5 bar this morning, so guessing there's no MAJOR leaks...

It was such a chaotic calamity that I've stopped worrying about it. :)

• Haha 1