Stove flue pipe through flat roof

LucasNewMalden

Hello

In 2021 I bought DEFRA approved stove and paid OFTEC engineer to install in my summer house. https://www.hpmmag.com/renewables/oftec-launches-solid-fuel-registration-service

Kinston (Surrey) council building control approved the process and I have certificate. But this certificate covers entire property - not only summer house hence we want to move it inside home.

Question: how would you prevent flat roof from leaking after putting flue pipe thought it?

Should I use this https://www.fluedirect.co.uk/twin-single-wall-commercial-flue/12-601-residential-low-temperature-black-epdm-masterflash-3337.html

8AFDC2F3-52B3-46B8-BC15-D3D07627D4C8.jpeg

64F70E7C-D366-4F77-A309-1EDAE6F8370D.jpeg

CEA65AF9-DC27-414E-A716-4D7B136100BA.jpeg

Getting BC approval for an installation in one position does not allow you to move it where you want, the wording may say it is installed in the property without being specific on location.

that aside there are loads of pre made protrusion sealing cowls/shrouds for flues, downpipes etc.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LucasNewMalden said:

I believe the black ones are for low temperature use. I think you need the red high temperature type. But there is a whole lot more to it. There are rules on the separation between the flue and flammable materials such as insulation that will be in your flat roof.  

9 hours ago, markc said:

Getting BC approval for an installation in one position does not allow you to move it where you want...

+1. 

You can DIY the job if you make a Building Control Application but sometimes the BCO asks for it to be inspected by a Hetas or Oftec engineer. If you get a Hetas or Oftec approved installer to do it they will self certify the work to Building Control for you.

On Your drawing you show the flue terminating at ridge height. If it will be near the ridge I believe it must go 600mm above it. 

I'm not sure the picture of the stove on the tiles would comply. I believe there should be a step up of 12/15mm(?) to discourage rugs migrating too close to the stove. Eg the tiled area shouldn't be flush with the wood floor. Hard to tell from the photo if that's the case.