Flue and toilet vents

Robin2022

Slating my first roof. Scaffold goes soon so I need everything done ASAP. I don't have time to install the woodburner and bathroom pipework yet...What do other people do in this position. Just fit a short length of pipe through the roof and when you get time, build the pipework from below to link it up??? Concern is getting it in the right place...

I assume the bathroom pipework you speak of is just a vent for the soil pipe, that is easy really, just work out where it will be in the bathroom and ping it up to where it needs to be, given you can put 2 no. 45°'s in the loft you could also set it to be about 500mm from where you think it will be, maybe higher on the roof, fit the weatherproofing seal and then connect onto it when you are ready.

The WBS is maybe not so easy. If you knew which stove you were going for then you could work out the flue position then find the location by dropping a plumb line down, might need to drill holes though. If you really do not have a clue where it will go then you will just have to leave it and clamber up onto the roof at some point. You could always have a short diagonal section in the finished article, if you really want to get it in now and just guess a location. 

Cheers for the advice. All makes sense. Pretty much what I was thinking. Also realised I need to figure the position for the gas boiler vent too.... Like you say...its not to bad if you know the model you are buying. Just don't have time for all the research....need to make time I guess!!