External timber cladding Scotland

Grian

Can anyone recommend a good value retailer in central belt / accessible to argyll please. Looking for Larch or Douglas fir, need a trustworthy source as don't have the experience to know if quality is as it should be.

Thank you.

Ali Johnston Ltd, trading as Timber Central based in Nairn (NE Scotland).  But go to England etc.  They are on facebook.

All my Scottish larch came from them, good delivery, price etc. Very flexible on profiles and lengths.  They do Douglas Fir and larch.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 13/10/2022 at 12:45, JohnMo said:

Ali Johnston Ltd, trading as Timber Central based in Nairn (NE Scotland).  But go to England etc.  They are on facebook.

All my Scottish larch came from them, good delivery, price etc. Very flexible on profiles and lengths.  They do Douglas Fir and larch.

Thank you. Sadly closed down :(

On 13/10/2022 at 11:21, Grian said:

Can anyone recommend a good value retailer in central belt / accessible to argyll please. Looking for Larch or Douglas fir, need a trustworthy source as don't have the experience to know if quality is as it should be.

Thank you.

We used Caledonia Timber for larch. Customer service was good but some of the boards a fair wee bit off straight. They can do Douglas Fir cut to size up to 6/7m lengths which might be a good option. I know others recommend International Timber but they just put us onto Jewsons (which was priced reasonably competitively).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, eandg said:

We used Caledonia Timber for larch. Customer service was good but some of the boards a fair wee bit off straight. They can do Douglas Fir cut to size up to 6/7m lengths which might be a good option. I know others recommend International Timber but they just put us onto Jewsons (which was priced reasonably competitively).

Thanks, I will look at them, and Jewsons.

8 minutes ago, saveasteading said:

Our recent timber purchase was heavily researched. Best price Caley Timber at Inverness Airport   and they don't mill their own. I think they deliver anywhere in the Highlands.

Thanks very much, appreciate it!