Best way to commission new loop on existing manifold

jayc89

Our existing manifold is running at 45c. I laid a new screed floor a couple of months ago which is now ready for commissioning. Ideally I'd do this without dropping the temp for all other loops. What's the best way of doing this without losing heating to the rest of the house?

8 hours ago, jayc89 said:

Our existing manifold is running at 45c. I laid a new screed floor a couple of months ago which is now ready for commissioning. Ideally I'd do this without dropping the temp for all other loops. What's the best way of doing this without losing heating to the rest of the house?

Turn all other loops off during the day, drop the temp and run the new loop to “thermally shock” the new screed, and reverse for the evening. Do that once or twice and you should be fine to go full throttle as normal. 

Edited by Nickfromwales
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, JohnMo said:

Question how do you operate the floor at the moment, on a timer and thermostats?  How long do you have the UFH on for?

Stat. 21 during the day (up to 9pm) and 19 over night.

Would really do a Nick advised or as it mild turn the flow temp down at the manifold temp regulator so all loops flow cooler.  Down to 30 leave your thermostat and time as is, the next day bump up temp 5-6 degs, then after another 24 hrs set everything back to normal.

• Like 1