UFH manifold assembly

Olf

Long story short: plumber was booked for the end of month, found other project, kindly offered me to wait 3 weeks. Thank you, will do it myself.

Question: what tools and techniques to use for the best result?

1. The largest nut is 52mm on the pump, I may be able to handle that with waterpump pliers. I feel a large jaw adjustable spanner should do the job on all the other nuts (41,37,30 mm). 

2. I can see all the connections rely on rubber seals - should they be dry, or is there any grease to be applied first, as necessity or good practice? 

3. How tight the nuts should be? Until it does not move any more or better hand tight+1/4 turn with a tool is enough 

4. Any tricks to feed UFH pipes on the eurocones? Warm pipes, washing liquid or just sheer persuasion? Any reamer for the pipe to remove any burr after cutting and/or 'pre-cone' it?

You need plastic pipe cutter and a reamer, the reamer cuts the end square with a chamfer and re-rounds the pipe.  The eurocones just slip in the end of the pipe.  If your forcing it you may have the wrong sizes.  The assembly is done dry, i didn't use or see the need for any lube.

• Like 1