Making a Planning Inspectorate appeal - should planning consultant visit site?

Leonard Matherson

I own an odd shaped block that is not visible from the street. It is surrounded by buildings of different styles. My planning application was refused. I have contacted three planning consultants and given them all of the details from the council.  The first consultant visited and said appeal, the second consultant did not visit and said do not appeal and the third did not visit but gave a quote for both an appeal and a  new application to the council.  I expect that the Inspectorate will visit my site. Would a lack of a site visit by the planning consultant be a disadvantage for my appeal?

I think you need to read the planning policies for your area, have they cited the policy the “shut in” refers too. If it’s a block of flats surely most would be looking over your build. Hardly shutting out light 🤷‍♂️

Hi Leonard, I am in the process of a planning appeal. If you want any advice on your situation I would 100% contact Martin Gaine from just planning he is an ex planning officer trying to help people get their planning permission he has lots of experience and he will give you advice on what to do. He has a book also if you are interested (very good read). Hope this helps Michael