Any advice / thoughts re fence / guardrails

Modernista

I'm looking for advice / opinions / ideas / inspiration before I finalise a few changes ahead of building warrant completion (Scottish Regs). This is a refurb project and the pitched garage roof had to be replaced and have done so with flat roof (warrant drawings had a pitched roof / upper bike store now not needed). We will probably add a sedum roof to this at some point soon (and it has been designed with that in mind). Because the roof is readily accessible from the garden I will have to guard the drop but don't want to put rails on the outer edge of the garage (and if I do they will need to be fully regs compliant to protect immediate drop). If I fence off that bit around the inside edge of the new roof (from boarded fence round to tree stump) to make it not readily accessible is that likely to be enough? I'm thinking something fairly unobtrusive in terms of 900 high plain vertical metal railings or mesh or strained wire. The question is really if that would need to be treated as guarding the drop so 1100 high etc or if the basic fencing-off prevents access concerns and any need for full guardrail. Pics posted below as this only makes sense if you see it.

frontelevgarage - 1 (1).jpeg

frontelevgarage - 1 (2).jpeg

1121800204_frontelevgarage-1(3).jpeg

frontelevgarage - 1 (4).jpeg

Think you need a balustrade for that. Unless fenced off.  As you have a fall greater than I think it's 400mm, it would need structural input for the design.  You would not be allowed anything that includes horizontal bars, as kids can climb up and over.

Or make it so no one can get on to the roof.  Also notice you have a glazed area on the roof, if that hasn't been designed for foot traffic, you would be better excluding access.