Ceiling Rose connection for smart devices

I'm thinking about the wiring of the lighting circuits, and I'm leaning towards using Wago boxes in the ceiling void for lighting junction, particularly to accommodate the extra neutral wires running to light switch locations, this takes the wiring load away from the traditional ceiling rose, which typically do not have enough terminals. 

Obviously I'll be dropping a cable from the wagobox to the fitting location, but I'm wondering if I'll need a permanent live at the fitting as well..?

Is this likely to cause issues down the line - particularly as once the ceilings are up, the wagoboxes may not be easily accessible.  My only concern would be if I need to extend the system, however I don't think this will be any harder than using a traditional approach.

I would wire it loop at switch so all junctions are accessible for alterations.  If you think you might need a permanent L at the light fitting, use 3 core & earth from the switch to the light so you can have permanent L and switched L to the light.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ProDave said:

I would wire it loop at switch so all junctions are accessible for alterations.  If you think you might need a permanent L at the light fitting, use 3 core & earth from the switch to the light so you can have permanent L and switched L to the light.

I've done this in the past with switched 5A sockets, however some switches are 4 gang, and if I ever want smart controller at the switch (or a dimmer) then things get a bit crowded in the backbox, hence the attraction of a wagobox somewhere out of the way..