12V Skil Saw

Onoff

Got given a dinky 12V Skil saw a while back. No charger. Came from an old sparky who sadly passed away so me a my mate divied up his shed contents (at his missus's request I might add).

Can't find a replacement battery so going to have to repack the original. No charger either but I'll jury rig to a Makita one.

Anyone got a source to tagged sub-C cells that actually work? Ones I got from HK/China were carp! Cheers

20170120_191515

SAM_5428

SAM_5429

SAM_5430

On 2017-6-13 at 21:04, Onoff said:

Got given a dinky 12V Skil saw a while back. No charger. Came from an old sparky who sadly passed away so me a my mate divied up his shed contents (at his missus's request I might add).

Can't find a replacement battery so going to have to repack the original. No charger either but I'll jury rig to a Makita one.

Anyone got a source to tagged sub-C cells that actually work? Ones I got from HK/China were carp! Cheers

20170120_191515

SAM_5428

SAM_5429

SAM_5430

I usually buy my batteries from RS Components then solder up replacements, make sure to match the chemistry, for a charger you can look at various options including another manufacturers 12V battery charger (more like 13-14V output) but again try and match the type of chargers because it will almost certainly be NiMH or NiCAD and the different types charge differently. NiCAD charger's will usually undercharge NiMH for example.