Lamiante flooring - acclimatisation

JohnBishop

Hi All,

I was going to ask you about acclimatisation.

The vendor says 48h but on YT the same vendor also says about the need to have radiant heating ON during acclimatisation.

I don't have the heating turned on in the house at the moment but should I do it before and during the installation?

In my case 7-8mm thick laminate floorboards.

What is the exact reason behind this process? Is this the temperature, humidity or both?

Without heating the humidity is relatively high 60-65%. If I turn the heating on the humidity will drop and the boards will start shrinking.

I reckon I want to find a sweet spot otherwise it's going to be detrimental either in Winter or in Summer.

Thanks

Edited by JohnBishop

For solid wood flooring then acclimatising or normalising is important, laminate it doesn’t really matter unless it’s coming from a sub zero warehouse into a hot dry room. During its life the material will likely experience wide temperature and humidity swings anyway. Main thing is to lay the packs down on a flat surface, do not stand up against a wall etc. in a commercial install the floor often goes from truck to laid within hours

• Like 1