Reconnecting to Solaredge Monitoring

Ferdinand

My pv solar system (Dec 2015) uses Solar Edge units on each panel for optimisation, and Solaredge inverters..

When installed it came with monitoring via the Solar Edge online portal.

The company who installed my solar PV got out of it some time ago, and logging back in using the original details I see that monitoring is no0t happenng.

Does anyone know if I can get that up and running again, or do I need to switch to a third party type standalone meter? Any similar experiences?

Thanks

Ferdinand

Have you tried raising a case with the Solar Edge support team? I was having an issue configuring mine when I got it all powered up, contacted them and they sorted it all remotely once I gave them the S/N of the invertor.

1 hour ago, LA3222 said:

Have you tried raising a case with the Solar Edge support team? I was having an issue configuring mine when I got it all powered up, contacted them and they sorted it all remotely once I gave them the S/N of the invertor.

I haven't tried anything at all yet 🙃.

As I can't find how to do anything in the portal.

Digging, there is help in there - but it is aimed at installer / maintainers, not customers.

Looking at the SE website, there is a knowledge base. Digging required.

https://www.solaredge.com/uk/service/support/system-owner

I should confess that I have always been happy just to have the panels working, and that it went off in March 2016.

4 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

How do you know they are all working optimally?

By assumption, and keeping a rough watch on the FIT feedback, the electricity meters, and the meters on the Inverters in the garage.

Shameful, I know. But life has been busy etc.

Now I have the time to take more of an interest, and the higher prices etc.

If you can log onto the portal, but theres no updated monitoring data, then check the inverters internet connection. If youve changed router/ISP/wifi password then the inverter cant send monitoring data. If youve had a replacement inverter then the new inverters serial number needs adding to the monitoring portal.

If its not the internet connection then probably need to log the fault with SE as they can do remote diagnostics

I've been doing some checking, and the problem seems to be the connections from the inverters. I have indeed changed internet provider.

Reconnecting, however, seems complex, and I think I will need to raise a ticket.

Reading around, there is an app called SetApp from SolarEdge, which seems only available to maintainers.

In theory I can reconnect it as a customer using WPS, but that is not being very helpful.

The inverters are SolarEdge 5000s, installed Dec 2015.

F

Set app is used with later HD wave inverters which would be an SE5000H. If yours was installed in 2015 it will be the older SE5000. If thats the case the wifi connection is set up from the inverters display and is covered in the manual.