external metal security gate for side alley and how does air move?

Adsibob

Can anybody recommend a gate company that can supply, and preferably fit, a metal gate for the side alley of a house. Approximate dimensions would be 85cm wide 204cm high, plus steel posts, hinges, all powder coated in RAL 9005 (black). I would also need a non-moving plate that is about 30cm high and has same width as the gate plus the posts, to be fixed above the gate just to make it harder to climb over. Then spikes on top of that plate because i like my thieves spiked.

I got a quote which was £1100 which seemed a bit much. If an off the shelf version is available more cheaply that doesn't require going bespoke, I don't mind:

• making the gate posts/gate fractionally wider or narrower; and/or
  • making the heights a couple of cm shorter or taller.

Another consideration was whether to go for something that is just a gate, or whether to insert a privacy screen also made of metal (in the same black colour) behind it. The privacy screen on the quote I got was £100 (so it would be £1000 without).  Apart from privacy, the reason for getting it is:

1. it makes the gate look a bit nicer (less like a jail);
  2. it creates a visual barrier dividing the different floor finishes either side of the gate (see attached photo).

Reason for not getting it is:

1. that I'm concerned it might impede air flow at low level along that alleyway. We have the air feed for our wood burning stove 3.2m away from the gate and about 8.75m up we also have our MVHR intake and outlet. Currently it's usually nice and windy down that passageway, and part of me thinks the 3.2m horizontal distance to the stove air feed and the 8.75m vertical distance to the MVHR openings are both sufficiently large numbers to make fitting a gate that is permeable to air irrelevant for these purposes?

0?ui=2&ik=272cb0c1ab&attid=0.1.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1739344752808476821&th=182364d65516c095&view=fimg&fur=ip&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ-MK9iIkxxtbwAYRz_XrQCZPNzdJdB5nb3PTpAGY7CfdLlvwS9gtvnt3VnhjJYjfSL3wHtPzHfnIU7Uva8SFAY2d3yvCp95i4GfZDwVUvf-H0EY22Gh7SIU51o&disp=emb