Patio door options

SarahG

I had a quote for some Heritage Aluminium french doors last year which was £4468, I have just had a revised quote which is now £6400. I was of course expecting an increase but now I am wondering if there is a cheaper alternative we can use. We are worried about the costs spiralling so trying to keep them down as much as we can.

The dimensions are 4448w 2600h so I think potentially bi-fold doors are not possible due to the height, the French doors we had planned have a fixed panel at the top.

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions of alternative patio door we could look at for these dimensions? Or even any suppliers they could recommend.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@bmj1 I've not decided yet, we thought we needed to make a decision for our BR drawings, but luckily we don't yet.

I think probably having got a reasonable amount of quotes we will go with bi-folds, as we are on a tight budget. I did see some the other day that had panels at the top, which could be an option if I can find a supplier. I think we need to wait and see what u-value we need to achieve, most of the ones I found were 1.0 for the glass and then 1.5 overall. I don't know if this will achieve the current BR though. We will see what our architect has put on the spec doc when we get that through.