Another new entry in my blog

I'm managing to keep the build ever so slowly moving forwards so a new entry in my blog at the usual address www.willowburn.net

Look for the entry "Air tightness detail upstairs" which not surprising is lots of photos or air tightness membrane and tape. Lots of tape. I can't believe how much air tightness tape this house is consuming. Fortunately I found another few rolls going cheap on ebay.

Also before I could do the membrane upstairs I had to lay the proper chipboard flooring in all but the bathrooms (separate more complicated issue as those will be wet rooms)

• Like 4

Yes the Barriair is cheaper than the Intello that I started with (left over from what the builders used when making the frame) and yes it has built in air tightness tape at each side one on each face so when you join two adjacent strips it's a tape to tape seal.  I know I complain about how much air tight tape I have used, but it would be a couple more rolls had it not been for the air tight tape built into the barriair.

The built in tape certainly seems to stick well, but as all these things, you are trusting the manufacturer that it will stay stuck over many many years.

Most of the tape I have been using is Tescon Vanna, but the last lot I got cheap off ebay is Icocell Airstop, that I got for just under £9 per roll.

I have spent more on tape than I have on membrane, making the tape feel a lot less good value for money.