Gap between roof eaves and fascias more than 1"

Good morning Building Hub Community

I totally replaced my roof about a couple of months ago.  I couldnt go into the loft space due to the effects of the dust, following the replacement.  I have now accessed the roof space as it has been cleaned. There is quite a gap between the roof eaves and fascias.  I am told the gap should not be more than 1 finger width or 1" but mine appears larger.  It is covered by felt.  I am worried that with time birds, squirrels, bees and other pests will be able to access the roof space?  What can I do?

I have attached photos below.  I will be able to respond to messages this evening.

Regards, Janet.

IMG_1250 (1).JPG

IMG_1253.JPG

thumbnail_IMG_1252.jpg

IMG_1202.JPG

IMG_1205.JPG

IMG_1208.JPG

38 minutes ago, Janet stone said:

IMG_1202.JPG

That gap is not good, it will let things in, they should have used a vent strip or closed it in a bit more, but I am also questioning that monstrosity of a joint detail! 

Clearly they have not heard of a "bottle" or "bonding gutter". 

Thanks Jo 90, should the bird guard be fitted from the outside  roof or can it be fitted in the loft area?   If it is to be fitted from the outside roof eaves, then they will need a ladder or scaffolding?  Also will I need to remove the fascia coverings for it to be fitted?

Also Forum Building Hub community, the roofer fitted white plastic fascias and soffits.  He did not fit any white soffits under the roof gable and tells me under the roof gable is not part of the soffit area.  Is that true?  Many thanks for your guidance.

1 hour ago, Janet stone said:

If it is to be fitted from the outside

The lowest tiles need removing to fit the guard, I would tell the roofer it’s not fit for purpose and he needs to rectify it, have you paid yet?

• 2 weeks later...