Where do you get your softener salt?

Adsibob

41 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

Probably because it is quite energy intensive on the processing.

No need for water softeners down here, must be all the salt in the sea doing it.

Interesting. I’d never considered the environmental cost of our water softener. I had assumed the supposed savings on detergent would benefit the environment, but maybe that was marketing trickery. Now you’ve got me thinking, it’s not just the energy… what about all that salt that gets sent to the sewers??

• 1 year later...

Just bumping this up....

Looking to replenish my salt block stop...

Just about to run out. Best price I have is £2.60 (per block including delivery). Anyone seen cheaper than that? I've checked a few places, but that appears not a bad price.

Anyone in East Kent looking to buy a sizeable amount and willing to share a pallet of the stuff?

Depends, what is the weight of a block? If it’s 4kg, then that is a good deal (cheapest I’ve found works out at 72.9p a kg from Siwasdirect (link above) including economy delivery, but you have to order 12 packs of 2x4 kg blocks, which is quite a lot to store).

15 hours ago, Adsibob said:

Depends, what is the weight of a block? If it’s 4kg, then that is a good deal (cheapest I’ve found works out at 72.9p a kg from Siwasdirect (link above) including economy delivery, but you have to order 12 packs of 2x4 kg blocks, which is quite a lot to store).

Yes, that's who I've been buying from in the past and they still seem to be the best for pricing now. I've got a discount code that gets the price down to 62p/kg. £120 for 24 blocks inc delivery. Some of the ebay pricing is ludicrous!