Fire valve for external boiler

cwr

Hi folks,

Finally got the oil boiler in position (externally) and the galv housing over it. Pipe run from tank, just need to fit a fire valve.

Did a quick 'google' to check what way to install it, and found some recommendations for fitting the valve 1.5m away from the boiler. However that's not particularly handy for me tho as the pipe runs directly across the yard from tank to boiler, and I hardly want any fittings buried...

What's the best thing to do here?

Thanks.

A detached boiler house would be a building but I'm not sure a galvi box would apply. Personally I'd fit one, before the filter and any flexihoses. You could always ask your friendly local OFTEC bod at a pinch...

I would fit one immediately outside the galv housing, as I do with all external oil installs. As you state, there is no immediately apparent requirement for fire valves for an external boiler, but a bit of sense must prevail when the boiler is attached to the outside wall of a residential dwelling ;)  It's not meant to be pretty, it's there to stop a catastrophic fire.

Edited by Nickfromwales