What is more secure as a side gate/door: see through or opaque?

I live in a semi detached house. I need a gate for my side passage to stop people just walking around the side of the house and into my back garden.

I'm weighing up two options, a metal gate like this or a wrought iron gate, something like this.

Ignoring all other differences and assuming exact same size (which would be about 2m high by 800mm wide) is it more secure to have something see through like the wrought iron gate because in that way once the robber climbs over he is still in view from the road, or is this consideration unlikely to make a difference?

What have you installed in your side passage?

If you have a dog - see through, if not, opaque but put trellis above the top of the gate to make it harder to jump over. I've a good guard dog sign on my gate also for good measure. They'll be hard pressed to be sure it's not roaming around back there and may decide to go elsewhere. I've no pets just to clarify! I put trellis above all my side fencing with a rolling pipe at the top to deter cats - didn't work!! Haven't had anyone jump the fence since I installed this though....

Edited by mike2016