Wall starter kit not used! What can I do?

Total newbie to brickwork and I needed a small 3 block across wall being made. 
Although I didnt know about the Starter Kit when I started now its too late!!

How crucial isit? I am going to render the wall, could I add strappers maybe to make the wall more secure? Ive added a picture, any advice would be great, thanks.263720053_WhatsAppImage2022-06-10at10_25_45AM.thumb.jpeg.b1e281b73841a8ad90bc8770f35ec1b3.jpeg

I would say that it's critical.

I guess you could retro fit helical bars used in crack stitching on either side of the wall. Same as Mr Punter has said; use screw in wall starters. Possibly just take off the top few bricks if there not fully set yet and fit them.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AdamSee said:

I would say that it's critical.

Yes they are an important component.

The standard wall starter kits Catnic / Sabre fix mostly work in horizontal shear. In other words when you build an extension with the extension wall at right angles to say the back wall of the existing house they stop the wall from moving horizontally in the plane of the existing back wall. They don't contribute much to stop the extension wall from moving away (tension effect) from the existing house wall and leaving a gap. This can happen due to a little settlement of the new wall, shrinking (concrete blocks shrink mainly) and swelling (clay bricks) as it ages, moves season to season with temperature changes.

The same roughly applies to what @johnannik has. The starter kits are intended to primarily stop the new wall from moving horizontally at the junction between the old wall and new one.

11 hours ago, johnannik said:

now its too late!!

You have some pretty solid looking walls there, particularly the new one, laid block on the flat? Give your SE a call and see if the new bit of wall will work as a stand alone column or something to that effect. then all you need to do is deal with the shrinkage / swelling between the old brick and concrete block. It may be that all you need to do is to put a couple of plaster stop beads on the outside to create a movement joint in the external render.

• Like 1