Loft Room Hieight

Hi,

I’ve read on here that the minimum room height for a loft conversion is 2200mm. Is this to the underside of ridge and would there be no need for a flat ceiling or should you have a minimum area of flat ceiling at 2200mm?

The actual thing that defines what will pass building regulations is the height above the stairs must be 2 metres and that includes the "landing" that is generally taken to mean 1 square metre of floor at the top of the stairs.  If you can meet that, there is no actual minimum ceiling height for the rooms.

Don’t think I will have a problem with the stairs and think I will be OK on the landing but was wondering if there had to be a minimum area of flat ceiling at a certain height in a habitable room or can the ceiling just go to a point.

From what you are saying then no is the answer, I suppose it what's you would feel comfortable with and for me 2000mm is a bit low in a habitale room together with sloping ceilings. Idealy I would like 2300mm but may have to settle for less.

Thanks ProDave.