Front Door Height

richo106

Hi All

Is there a max height we can have for a front door, the way the architect has designed it. The window/door provider we have been speaking too says the max height is 2100 so we would need a panel above.

Is there anywhere that does bespoke door sizes, approx 2.4m? Or is that not a thing? 

Many Thanks 

It will all depend on the supplier and how much you want to pay, but the suppliers we looked at (UrbanFront, RK Door Systems etc.) had standard sizes up to 1200x2400mm from what I remember.  If the supplier you are speaking to can only do 2100mm then look elsewhere, you'll find 2400mm for sure.

We've a 2400x1300mm door from Internorm. Could have been bigger if we wanted. 

I think a lot of companies only do up to 2100mm as very few people willw any taller than that so it's not worth their time tooling up and testing bigger doors.

Thanks all for the reply

We are happy with the windows we have chosen and I am guessing it will need to be a complete unit so might look slightly daft if the doors and windows either side don't match above/rest of the house

Typically as well the colour we want/chosen for the windows and doors is called 'Claystone' which annoyingly hasn't got a RAL colour so hard to colour match

I have attached our 2 options to show what i mean

All help and advice appreciated

front door - option 1.jpg

front door - option 2.jpg

Edited by richo106