Electrical ducting help

Kelvin

Hi,

I'm getting my electrical connection installed next month. The guide SSEN have sent me says I need to provide a ducted trench of about 25m where the ducting meets ENATS 12-24 Class 2 standard with a minimum diameter of 32mm. I can't find any class 2 below 100mm. I've come across the Polypipe smoothwall 32mm ducting that's recommended by UK Power Networks but it's Class 3.  What is electrical ducting? | UK Power Networks

I can't get a hold of my SSEN contact to confirm although he did say I didn't need to put any ducting in but I'd rather stick to the guide they sent me. Can someone point me to a site that has suitable ducting with an ID no bigger than 50mm as I am struggling to find one. Ta. 

9 hours ago, Kelvin said:

Hi,

I'm getting my electrical connection installed next month. The guide SSEN have sent me says I need to provide a ducted trench of about 25m where the ducting meets ENATS 12-24 Class 2 standard with a minimum diameter of 32mm. I can't find any class 2 below 100mm. I've come across the Polypipe smoothwall 32mm ducting that's recommended by UK Power Networks but it's Class 3.  What is electrical ducting? | UK Power Networks

I can't get a hold of my SSEN contact to confirm although he did say I didn't need to put any ducting in but I'd rather stick to the guide they sent me. Can someone point me to a site that has suitable ducting with an ID no bigger than 50mm as I am struggling to find one. Ta. 

Whack in some generic black 63mm duct. I f they query it, I’ll buy the drinks. ;)

Was the same here for the ducting they specced from the meter box in to the house- 38mm or some other random diameter. Spark said it doesn't exist and just standard flexible duct.... Did the job.