Sliding doors

Pete

We are after two internal sliding doors to cover a cloak and seperate office area. Each door needs to be about 2.2m long so one side can be in use at anyone time or completely closed. Tried searching but not really finding anything suitable other than numerous smaller section doors. The look needs to be very plain so that the finished result is that you hardly notice them, plain white ideal or that could be painted. Anyone had experience of large size doors or can point us in the right direction. 

TIA 

I've a 3.6 meter long sliding wall planned and I'm buying a track now (6.4 meters long) that I can fit into the ceiling void so it finishes flush with the ceiling. I then intend to make the sliding wall from a lightweight steel box frame and probably 6mm MDF sheets to both sides to keep weight down which will be sanded and painted. I'm also considering 6mm birch ply or some type of veneered ply to both sides but think (or know) the better half will prefer the painted option. The sliding wall itself won't be made until all the finishes are done but need the track in now to allow the ceiling to be boarded and plastered.

The track I'm using is the 180kg version of https://www.pchenderson.com/product/soltaire-sliding-door-hardware/

For you if each door is 2.2 meters long you'll have 4.4 meters of door so you've a lot of sliding door and track and don't think you'll get an off the shelf product.

Hi Ian, sliding partition doors as our wall configuration will only allow this type.

Try speaking to Anna at doors4uk, I am awaiting a quote but they seem to cover all possibilities

Edited by Pete