Klar windows/Kalrvindu - anyone reviews?

antlis

HI,

I was looking into Klar windows as a supplier of triple glazed timber windows. They are marketed as danish but are made in Estonia i think.

Have not really been able to find too much info about them online - which is a red flag I reckon.  I've come to the conclusion they might well be too good to be true - ie, very cheap prices. Only read one real bad review which is making me think they have been taking steps to cover others up. Most other companies have a large mix.

I was hoping this would be a way to get the most efficient wood and aluclad windows as I think some of the other options may well be out of our range.

The alternative is upvc triple glazed which i was hoping to avoid but am now looking at.

So has anyone had any dealing with them or heard anything?

thanks

Ant

• 8 months later...

I’ve actually installed Klar windows and doors in my house.

I was a bit sceptical in the beginning, just like you, but after a chat with their customer support I ended up buying seven windows and two doors at their black Friday sale last year.

For the price I paid, the quality is really impressive! I’m not sure how they do it to be honest. 
The only thing you have to think about is the lock cylinder. They are using the Scandinavian oval type, so I would recommend you to buy that with the door. I didn’t.. after a good talk with a guy from their ‘claim team’, I got an oval cylinder send to me, tough.

When I ordered they had five weeks delivery, which turned out to be six and a half in the end.

Overall it’s not the last time I use Klar