Fixing of Actis G Control Foil

Arnold9801

For those that have fitted this, what staples did you find best? 

I have a Stanley/Arrow stapler but felt those staples maybe to light weight. 

As our build is a dorma, there will be counterbattens nailed on the H Control foil below the ceiling rafters. However my concern is the area covered by the foil above the rafters up to the ridge. This won't require battens as there won't be plasterboards fitted on top of the foil. So without battening, I was wondering if these staples would be adequate? 

I guess some may suggest about counter battening up there as well. However with it being such a large roof and the price of timber I'm hoping I can get away with counter battening the foil above ceiling level. 

I doubt that you'll be able to secure it with a hand stapler, there's too much 'spring' in the Actis. I cut 1 inch squares from a roll of DPC membrane and used them as a pad to fire circa 40mm staples through the Actis with an electric staple gun. I'll dig out a pic and post later.

PS. Without the DPC pads the staples tear through the foil.

Edited by NSS

25 minutes ago, NSS said:

I doubt that you'll be able to secure it with a hand stapler, there's too much 'spring' in the Actis. I cut 1 inch squares from a roll of DPC membrane and used them as a pad to fire circa 40mm staples through the Actis with an electric staple gun. I'll dig out a pic and post later.

PS. Without the DPC pads the staples tear through the foil.

I forgot to ask, exactly what stapler did you use? 

Regards 

1 hour ago, NSS said:

It was a cheap Titan gun from Scewfix, and I've just checked the size if the staples and they were actually shorter than I recalled, ie Tacwise 22mm stainless divergent.

Thank you. This really helped me verify that using battens to fix it is the only option!