Online-only casement windows

Tony K

Afternoon all.

MY SB requires four bedroom windows. They are not key architectural or aesthetic features, and so I am free to source the cheapest decent but basic windows that do the job. I am looking at fairly plain casement UPVC windows, grey on the outside and white inside. 

A few online-only retailers appear to offer good value, and A+ energy ratings, but I can't see or touch the product ahead of ordering it.  

My local window firm has a high street showroom where I can inspect their products, but wants twice the price. 

Has anyone used online-only window suppliers? Were they any good?

Cheers

It may be worth settling on a profile manufacturer and profile you like available in the colour you are after, then it will be easier to compare.  I guess most fabricators can do supply only.

I have used online for composite doors and they were OK.

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/04/2022 at 12:54, Tony K said:

Afternoon all.

MY SB requires four bedroom windows. They are not key architectural or aesthetic features, and so I am free to source the cheapest decent but basic windows that do the job. I am looking at fairly plain casement UPVC windows, grey on the outside and white inside. 

A few online-only retailers appear to offer good value, and A+ energy ratings, but I can't see or touch the product ahead of ordering it.  

My local window firm has a high street showroom where I can inspect their products, but wants twice the price. 

Has anyone used online-only window suppliers? Were they any good?

Cheers

I've used https://www.modernupvcwindows.co.uk/ for two doors over the last 24 months and have had excellent service. No complaints.

I'm going to use them again for window replacement.

2 hours ago, CotswoldDoItUpper said:

I’m looking into woodenwindows.com. Seem reasonably priced but can’t find anyone who has used them to get a first-hand review!

Wood? You’re brave…. 😂