Bathroom TV- current draw

cwr

Hi folks

So we're going to have a TV in our bathroom, wall mounted for watching in the bath. Suitable TVs have a low voltage eg 12v supply to them with the transformer in another room/ somewhere safe and dry. 

I'm about to run the power supply wires,  but for spec'ing the wires am wondering what power is required? Can't imagine it would be more than a few amps at 12v, tho it's not something I've ever looked into before. Didn't get very far with a quick internet search, other than pics of what look like laptop power supplies. I have loads of 18awg, is that likely to be ok?

Thanks

Thank you all for your replies.

@Onoff, yes it will be a proper bathroom TV, suitable for the environment. No bodging planned.

I need the power cable in for it now, in the soon to be boarded service void. Won't actually buy a TV until we have the vat claim back, so a fair bit down the line. The transformer will go in a storage cupboard off the landing. The wire I'm putting in will get spliced into the supplied lead.

Streaming, What's that? Been at this build so long now can't remember watching TV.... And by the time were finished technology will probably have moved on so far half the stuff I'm putting in will be obsolete....