GSHP - RHI payments - went better than expected

Ajn

Well, got the heating on 1st December and the MCS certificate first week if January. The EPC took a while. The online ones were a waste of time so got a local (ish) man in. Although he was very busy so it did take a couple of weeks. Got the EPC the second week in Feb then filled in the online RHI forms and process. Went well except we used the joint build bank account for the payments. Once entered it can't be changed. So the needed verification of the account, inside leg, number of eyes etc. However they are excellent on the phone. A couple of emails and it was sorted. Got the payment detail though today. All in with the UFH (400sqm) and 1500m of pipe in the garden and while we did most of the install ouselves, elecrical, most plumbing and all UFH. it still cost around £35k for the whole heating and hotwater system . Good news that the RHI will cover this over the seven years.

Edited by Ajn

Well done, I can't get my MCS visit/ cert til 16th Mar earliest and I'm bricking it that I might miss the deadline over an admin error! Must be nice to be in and assured!

19 hours ago, Ajn said:

All in with the UFH (400sqm) and 1500m of pipe in the garden and while we did most of the install ouselves, elecrical, most plumbing and all UFH. it still cost around £35k for the whole heating and hotwater system . Good news that the RHI will cover this over the seven years.

Interesting figures.  That must be a pretty poor EPC figure you have got there?  Is this new build or renovation?

2 hours ago, ProDave said:

That must be a pretty poor EPC figure you have got there?  Is this new build or renovation?

Top end of C. It's a renovation (230sqm), barn rebuild (50sqm) and new extension (90sqm).

3 hours ago, Wil said:

I'm bricking it that I might miss the deadline over an admin error!

Get you EPC booked now or even done as long as the cert date is after the MCS certificate date.

We had to chase a couple of times to get the MCS certificate, it took them four weeks.

Also make sure when you do the RHI application that the bank details match the applicsnt and the address. Once you have put stuff on the online form it can't be changed. The positive point is once you have submitted the form you are on the system even if the they are still asking questions past the end of March. They are very responsive to the telephone should you have issues.

5 minutes ago, Ajn said:

as long as the cert date is after the MCS certificate date.

I have a valid EPC from a couple of months ago, as I understand it has to be recent and not show any 'recommendations' outstanding. Not that it has to be AFTER the MCS cert date right? Technically the ASHPs were there are the time but he couldn't put them on the EPC as the oil burner was still running.

Thanks for posting this though- the above is a good reminder for those of use trying to make the deadline!

31 minutes ago, Wil said:

oil burner was still running.

didn't realise you are not a new build

"2. Date of certificate
We need to check whether your EPC was
completed in the last 24 months and, in the
case of a
custom-build property that it was
issued after your house was completed."

So you should be ok...best of luck.