Cable prices

nod

I asked a friend that runs a small electrical contracting business if he could pick me up a couple of reels of Armoured cable from his wholesalers 

I was quite surprised when he said he had been using Screwfix for the last 8 months

He said while cable had gone up 40% Wholesalers are keeping the prices up 

I rarely use a wholesaler.  I dislike the non transparent pricing, variable discounts, and even having to haggle over each purchase like you are trying to buy a kitchen.  What did it for me was one job I was trying to buy some downlights, they only had half what I needed and their best price seemed high.  In disgust I went next door to toolstation and got the lot for half what the wholesaler wanted.  I have hardly been back since.

So 90% of my stuff comes from Screweys, toolstation, CPC and TLC.

SWA I have got some good deals sometimes from random sellers on ebay.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ProDave said:

I rarely use a wholesaler.  I dislike the non transparent pricing, variable discounts, and even having to haggle over each purchase like you are trying to buy a kitchen.  What did it for me was one job I was trying to buy some downlights, they only had half what I needed and their best price seemed high.  In disgust I went next door to toolstation and got the lot for half what the wholesaler wanted.  I have hardly been back since.

So 90% of my stuff comes from Screweys, toolstation, CPC and TLC.

SWA I have got some good deals sometimes from random sellers on ebay.

He said at least with SF you know what your getting UK The wholesalers are using Turkish Armoured cable also 

He was saying the house we are in as taken 1500 of one cable 500 of another 

Big hit if he relies on the wholesaler