M2 costings

nod

With our start date looming closer 

Something I’ve put off for a while Mainly due to constant material rises 

Even muck away was up and thankfully down now 

Most things seam to of either stabilized or are heading down  Even Pasquils quote of six months ago has dropped by 15% In any case I can base coatings on here and now 

We finished our previous build three years ago So the spreadsheet for that was a good place to start and a way of not missing what seemed  like small items Off the new spreadsheet 

Previous build came in at £815m2 

Two story Traditional build 

Two detached garages 

Very good quality of finishing 

Ive noticed this morning  That I never included the m2 of the two detached garages Just added the cost into the overall build cost 

So the 815 was probably lower 

But I will still split m2 of the house and garage - Workshop 

As overall is 416m

The actual house is 308.21 

I feel quite confident that our budget of 

350k should be ok 

The ground is a lot better now 

We had a tank and three 4 meter holes to fill Two with concrete and thankfully the the third with hardcore 

I Once I get the foundations in 

I should be able to cost most things accurately 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nod said:

With our start date looming closer 

Something I’ve put off for a while Mainly due to constant material rises 

Even muck away was up and thankfully down now 

Most things seam to of either stabilized or are heading down  Even Pasquils quote of six months ago has dropped by 15% In any case I can base coatings on here and now 

We finished our previous build three years ago So the spreadsheet for that was a good place to start and a way of not missing what seamed like small items Off the new spreadsheet 

Previous build came in at £815m2 

Two story Traditional build 

Two detached garages 

Very good quality of finishing 

Ive noticed this morning  That I never included the m2 of the two detached garages Just added the cost into the overall build cost 

So the 815 was probably lower 

But I will still split m2 of the house and garage - Workshop 

As overall is 416m

The actual house is 308.21 

I feel quite confident that our budget of 

350k should be ok 

The ground is a lot better now 

We had a tank and three 4 meter holes to fill Two with concrete and thankfully the the third with hardcore 

I Once I get the foundations in 

I should be able to cost most things accurately 

I’m 60 now Last time we did most things while working full time 

so hoping not to do to much of the block work this time 

Perhaps just the foundations 

But pretty much most other things 

We've just moved in our 450sqm dormer bungalow which has cost us £325k with the VAT to be reclaimed on the materials ( we think around £30-£40k to come back). We did get the bulk materials before the price increases and I did loads of the work myself, foundations, laboured on brickys, fitted all insulation, wired and plumbed and plasterboarded most of it, fitted mvhr, decorated, fitted the kitchens and bathrooms etc etc etc. I went part time at work to do this. 

Its still possible to build under £1k per sqm but you've gotta out the graft in! 

39 minutes ago, Olly P said:

We've just moved in our 450sqm dormer bungalow which has cost us £325k with the VAT to be reclaimed on the materials ( we think around £30-£40k to come back). We did get the bulk materials before the price increases and I did loads of the work myself, foundations, laboured on brickys, fitted all insulation, wired and plumbed and plasterboarded most of it, fitted mvhr, decorated, fitted the kitchens and bathrooms etc etc etc. I went part time at work to do this. 

Its still possible to build under £1k per sqm but you've gotta out the graft in! 

Definitely 

We both worked four days and worked the other three on the house I worked each evening While I don’t intend doing as many hours this time 

I’m confident that our 360 will build the house and workshop combined 316m2 

The key is the laboure 

I have run a plastering- framing and  tiling business for many years But didn’t use any of the lads 

Sort of felt like cheating Plus most earn several hundred per day and I was conscious of the cost 

Your home looks fantastic 

Well done 

Edited by nod
  • Like 1