Evolution Fury 6 table/mitre saw

Thorfun

9 minutes ago, saveasteading said:

Had a steel erector/cladder on site once who had steel bits in his eyes as well as swarf in his hands. He swore that he showed up as carrying metal when going through airports.

That was in a different era, when scaffolds and nets were for sissies...."if it was dangerous I would be dead by now".

Very likely true. I have amalgam scatter in my face, way beyond the root tip of the tooth in question than was root filled (bodged) and from the subsequent apicoectomy. Really throws medical staff when I've had neck x-rays. I was actually asked if I have a shrapnel injury! ?

Brushed against a rusty ac grill on site many years ago. Got an forearm full of metal splinters.

One particular one would periodically swell up and often hurt. Since my Covid booster it's started growing to a dark purple pimple that I then burst, it'd heal, swell, repeat.

Looked blacker than usual a couple of weeks back. Burst and through the blood could see something black. Head torch, swab, needle and pointy tweezers. Weirdest feeling and sound of the needle touching metal. Got two of this sized bit out. One more to go. Been in there years!

IMG_20220119_215748238.jpg.506f02a0c10e0a03db9c2bf50fd8f062.thumb.jpg.3aa31ab8aa71ed66ad038f257206a699.jpg